Monday 26 November 2012

inspirational verses from Job

I have been reading the book of Job using “Living Life” devotional journal every day for several weeks now.  This is my first time reading Job in-depth, and I was so struck by the beauty of many verses in this book.  God also had moved me recently to write a short song to help me memorize one of the verses.  In all, the Lord inspired me to pen four worship songs from various passages of Job out of my quiet time reading Job.  May you meditate on these Bible verses bore from the pain of Job’s suffering before God:
Job 1:21b-“The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised.” 
Job 5:9 & 9:10- “He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted.”
Job 5:17- “Blessed is the man whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.”
Job 16:20-21- “My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God; on behalf of a man he pleads with God as one pleads for a friend.”
Job 19:25- “I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end He will stand on the earth.”
Job 23:10- “But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold.”
Job 23:12- “I have not departed from the commands of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my daily bread.”
Job 28:28b- “The fear of the LORD—that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding.”

No comments:

Post a Comment